Sunday, September 6, 2009

5 Resume Formatting Mistakes & Quote of the day

Good Morning

Last night I went to a bbq, yes we must find time to have some fun with our family and friends or our stress levels would sky rocket. I told myself I was also going to use this as a net-working tool since I was about to meet people I had never meet before. It went great, while I did not get any job leads right off the bat the people I talked to where more than happy to keep an eye out if they heard of anything come up.. I highly recommend net-working so many people get positions by knowing someone that already works for the company..If you don't like meeting new people, you need to overcome your fears and get out and do it! Trust me once you start it is a breeze..

Tip of the Day: 5 Resume Formatting Mistakes

If you are searching for a job right now, you will want to read this article and then take a look at your resume to see if you need to revamp it. I keep seeing and hearing these same 5 items everywherehttp://blogs.bnet.com/intercom/?p=2401  . Below are a few more tips I have picked up on.

1. make sure you have friends, family look over your resume and if you have an HR hiring manager in your network have them give you there thoughts as well..

2. You only have 5 short seconds to sell yourself so right now it is very important to have a great looking resume

3. Tailor each resume specifically to the job you are applying to, do not send out a generic resume

4. Use Twitter and Facebook to network

Quote of the Day:

Live up to the best that is in you: Live noble lives, as you all may, in whatever condition you may find yourselves.


Henry W. Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment