Thursday, September 3, 2009

8 weeks of unemployment

Ok so today is offically 8 weeks of being unemployed. Every day brings new challanges. I thought I did everything right..Received my Bachlors degree, then continued on to receive my MBA in business..but yet I am still in this position like many other people. Now I hear on the news that people are lying on their resumes about having degrees to just try and get a job.. It has been harder being without work, then it was when I was working for a number of reasons:

1. I now have my 4 year old at home with me, which he loves mommy time..but trying to teach him pre-k so he does not get behind, blog, apply for at least 20 jobs a day, keep the house clean, cook dinner, work on fixing up the house so we can sell it if we need to move..etc..gets very overwhelming.
2. Bills keep adding up...yes even with unemployment it's just not enough some months, this month especially with car tags due..

My goal is to open my own business, but it seems with all the added stresses, I am having problems finding my passions..I know after going through this I would love to find away to help people who some months just can't make ends meet, while earning a living..I have an idea I am going to try and run with it's just trying to find the time to do it..Anymore it just does not seem like I have enough hours in a day..

1 comment:

  1. I stay at home by choice. I have enough credits in college to be a junior. However, I doubt that finishing would benefit me at this point in time. I am a Wife and a Mother of 4 children ages 4 months - 10 years. I homeschool our children too. Some things to keep in mind since you are home more...
    1. You will find your house to be more of a mess, since you are actually "living" in it. That is NOT bad. Other families that have "clean" houses are not home as much and don't have time to make a mess; let alone enjoy much more than the kitchen or bedrooms until the weekends. Then there are the families that have devoted their basements to letting their children play. That's where their mess is.
    2. Enjoy the new found time with your son. Here is a point for you to ponder... RULES WITHOUT RELATIONSHIP BRING REBELLION. If he's not listening or wanting to learn right now, it is because he wants to KNOW you more first. Don't sweat it, everyday there is always a lesson in something. It just depends where your focus is.
    3. I have found that when my plate is full and it comes time to cook dinner, I can't decide what to make. I have been so focused on completing a task that I have trouble switching gears. So what I do is plan a weeks worth of dinners out on a calendar. Then I use it for a month or until we get tired of it. This also helps with the budget. (I also make a basic plan for breakfast and lunch. I.e. breakfast - fruit, cereal, glass of milk. lunch - sandwich, chips, fruit.) You don't have to stick to it, but it sure helps when your brain is tired from a long day.
    4. As for bills -- wait 24 hours before buying anything especially with credit. Always ask if it is needed or wanted. If needed, wait 24 hours (unless it's an emergency), if it is still needed try to pay cash. If you can't then divide the total by the number of weeks until the credit card is due to be mailed and put that much in an envelope every week until the bill is sent. This will allow you to pay for the item with out paying interest.

    I can't wait to hear more about the business that you would like to start.

    P.s. Please don't think I have everything together, I try, but I am still learning too. I just thought I would pass on some of what I have learned to you.

    ReplyDelete